Well on the flip side, my job rocks!

ezbtr

Commander
Got a raise AND bonus 2 weeks ago!!! May is my one year anniversary, so was a bit pro rated but damn......................nice to be appreciated! :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Well on the flip side, my job rocks!

You must be danged good! Most people are good at what they like doing.

Congratulations!

Coors

Captain

Just in time for spring maintenance

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Youi must be danged good! Most people are good at what they like doing.

Congratulations!

Nice job.

Hey JB is that a 30K countdown? :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thats affirmative, Bob. Been a long 7 years. :)

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Hmmmm.....
Almost 4 years for me & not 10,000 yet......
I guess I'm a slacker.......:)

Tyme2fish

Commander

Hmmmm.....

Almost 4 years for me & not 10,000 yet......

I guess I'm a slacker.......:)

Six years here and not even up to 1,000. I guess I'll need to start padding and hijacking other's posts.
Oops, just did both. :eek:

ezbtr

Commander

I am blessed, I like my job(A lot, and inpart to a great boss who is 400 mi south of me yet we talk a few times a week and i LEARN from him), I LOVE my family and life, all is finally coming together, finance repair, QUALITY of life(we, my son and I live CHEAP), CHEAP trip to Tahoe, and hoping to again be a home owner in the next year.....nothing fancy here, work your *** off(I avg 52 hrs a week and salary), but it ALL works around sons schedule, I swear i really don't knbow how, I just "DO ", example, boss comes into town for a few days, we gettin ready to go 250' into ship crane, sons school calls and says I need to pick him up, flu..............told boss, his answer "GO.......family comes first", son is ok next day to go back to school, I work w/ boss late next two nights and get ALL done....who the heck could NOT work and strive for excellence with this support??? I'm not an *** kisser but I did tell my boss he is the best I have had....and I meant it.. he has a problem(big one, I covered his *** and recovered ALL lost data in a 15 hour day and found a way to save him 15K on a big project......) and I'll repeat that....all bout respect and relationships...

D

DJ

Got a raise AND bonus 2 weeks ago!!! May is my one year anniversary, so was a bit pro rated but damn......................nice to be appreciated! :)

Ditto!

Change the date to, today.

Performance still pays and I perform. Beat every objective, as I always do.

Imagine that? "Pay for performance". What a novel concept!:cool:

ezbtr

Commander

No foolin!!! Whatever hapened to supply and demand, make customers happy, do what your boss asks>> Is easy!

ezbtr

Commander

YES we all have a boss, be it customer,, contract suppplier, direct supervisor, you name it, is how ALL make a damn living! :) ie if I have customers w/o needs, maint. I have NO business - this is So basic.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Six years here and not even up to 1,000. I guess I'll need to start padding and hijacking other's posts.
Oops, just did both. :eek:

You must be learning from me... quit that before you end up like me. :D

D

DJ

YES we all have a boss, be it customer,, contract suppplier, direct supervisor, you name it, is how ALL make a damn living! :) ie if I have customers w/o needs, maint. I have NO business - this is So basic.

MY BOSS, is the CUSTOMER. Again, what a novel concept.:eek::cool:

I NEVER sweat the "numbers". I do the "right thing" for my customers and the numbers always fall into line. Again, what a concept.

By God, I think I'm onto a new deal here.:eek:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Congrats, what do you do ???