The Galley

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: The Galley

so far so good. good carpentry skills. i love building cabinets, and book shelves. if you haven't gotten to the drawers yet, Lowes has the pre cut, and rabbited drawer sides, and back, front for building the boxes. they come in various lengths. and widths. makes an easy job.

Capt. Mike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will make all my drawers myself at the wood shop. I have never seen them at lowes but doesn't matter I had rather make my owen drawers and I need 16 for the kitchen, six more for my bedroom, and four for the mid bath. so I have a lot to build. That is a full day at the shop. Today I will be going to the shop and building three doubled sided raised panel mahogany doors for the two bed rooms and the mid bath. I build them on a table saw with a 9% angle on the door. If I remember I will take some photos today. I hate those cheep thin core doors that came with this boat.

http://web.mac.com/tanyard/Site_6/Wood_Shop.html

seven up

Petty Officer 1st Class

The forward windows are removed and blocked up with panels ????

Capt. Mike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yes I took out them out so I gained a foot + of room at the top. I use to have about four cubic feet of upper cabinet space now I have twenty seven cubic feet of upper cabinet. and the lower cabinets are all drawers except under the sink, so much more room and we need it on boats.

Capt. Mike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well I got my upper doors installed I took these photos with my phone they really don't do them Justice. I wanted it to have it look like without looking like you were trying to look like a house kitchen.

http://web.mac.com/tanyard/Site_6/Galley_.html

IMG_0462.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i been watchin this one.....

it looks really good....a condo on the water....

how did you latch the cabinet doors for sea proofing?....or are they just standard closures?

on the mv i lived on i had to put small latches on the top of the cabinets that could be locked when at sea, so the plates didnt hit the floor

oops!

Supreme Mariner

btw...is the girl in the red white and blue bikini a friend of yours?

can you pm me her phone number?......tee hee

Capt. Mike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I used spring hinges I think they will work fine, if not I can install some lock downs

I used granite

sorry no

here is the slab of granite before they cut it. This is the best photo I have of it

IMG_0354.jpg