Lowrance Globalmap 100 & VHF Marine Radio help needed

kvistads

Recruit
OK, I know I don't have the ideal combination for electronics but I'm working on a slim budget and all the fishing I'll be doing will be in-shore. I'm interested in mating the Lowrance Globalmap 100 handheld GPS to my new Cobra MR F75 radio. I realize the Globalmap 100 is a little behind the latest models but it functions flawlessly. The radio is supposed to be (DSC) GPS capable. I would like to hear from anybody who knows how to connect the two and what all it takes? Is it difficult? The manuals have a lot to be desired but I have found a pin-out diagram of the rear plug connector on a web page that describe pins #3 & #4 being GND & TX (transmit). It seems I've read in the Cobra manual that it only takes two (2) wires to connect the radio to a GPS devise. Would these be the pins on the plug to connect to the radio? Any replies on this subject would be appreciated.

Russ

Boatist

Rear Admiral
Re: Lowrance Globalmap 100 & VHF Marine Radio help needed

Pretty simple you hook the grounds together and then hook the triasmit from the gps to the recive on the radio.

Important that the 2 use the same communication, Most nmma 0183. Lowrance will have this and nmma 2000. Make sure you find what the radio wants them match the gps output. Also the radio may only have one format so check which format it wants. The gps will likely have several so pick the one that matches the radio.

kvistads

Recruit
Re: Lowrance Globalmap 100 & VHF Marine Radio help needed

Boatist:

I really appreciate the reply. I thought that's how to hook the thing up. You make it sound as though the Lowrance is more capable than the new Cobra Radio I just purchased. I knew I liked that GPS for some reason. Thanks again and happy boating to you.

Russ