1974 20ft chrysler center console appriximate value?

licketdsplit756

Petty Officer 1st Class
1974 chrysler 20 ft center console with twin 70 hp chrysler motors. dont know the name of this boat. it was taken for ransom as the owner got up and left the business in the middle of the night leaving cars and trucks and this boat behind. so the boat is mine now. it appeares to be in good shape. wanting to get the value of it.. weather its worth cleaning up and getting in the water?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1974 20ft chrysler center console appriximate value?

post pictures, how are you going to get clear title? the parts for the motors are going to be hard to get. you need to determine, the exact condition of the boat, "rot", whether the motors will run. if not all you have is a parts boat.

Bondo

Staff member

weather its worth cleaning up and getting in the water?

Ayuh,....

Up in this country,...
If it's sitting on a Trailer,... It's probably worth, Maybe $500.00.......

If the Trailer is worth that much.........:rolleyes:

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Because of age and brand what you have now is a low value boat/engine combination on the general boat market.

Because of age and brand, the combo is worth more to Chrysler afficionados.

Go over to The Chrysler Crew, join and go onto the question/answers forum.If you include an accurate description af condition and maybe a few photos, there are a couple of guys there who can give you a fairly accurate fair market value.

As an alternative, join Chrysler Crew and hook up with chat night--Thursday nights from 9PM to 11pm Eastern time. I will be looking for you there--Bronzeman--but you want to ask Dave Kain "Hurrikain"

Chrysler Crew also has a classified section AND a photo classified if you are intent on selling the combo.

If you want a boat and are willing to put in the labor, the basics are there. Engines have almost all parts available. Boats were made by Lone Star boat company which was acquired by Chrysler. I always considered them to be ruggedly built and excellent riding hulls. And as far as I am concerned, a twin 70-75 20 foot hull is a really nice combination--great for fishing or just plain family fun. For relatively few bucks, you can get excellent value from that boat.