T50 TnT

AGENT 37

Petty Officer 1st Class
Nope, not an explosives test (yet)

2000 Yamaha T50

I removed the electric tilt and trim motor for overhaul and cleaning with the motor in the supported up position. (it worked but looked like crap.) I reinstalled it and it was running slow (labored, slow turning motor) going up. We played with manual relief valve and ran motor with the valve open to make sure that the air was bled from the system. Now with the manual relief valve fully opened up I can not manually lift the motor past the trim range. It goes up and down in the lower range without trouble but I can't get it to fully raise. I wanted to just replace the electric motor and service the fluid again. The book isn't very helpful as far as troubleshooting goes now. What I ought ta do?

AGENT 37

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: T50 TnT

The circlip was missing off of the pin at the top of the hydraulic ram. The pin worked its way outboard into the void on the engine mounting bracket and would hang up preventing the motor from tilting further up. The only way to access the pin to fix it was when I had the engine dismounted and hanging on the cherry picker. Everything has some sort of explanation and many of our problems are simpler than our complexly simple minds can handle.