found another issue and needs yalls help BAD!!

ifishhard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I bought my boat used and one thing i noticed about it is that it had 2 bulbs on the gas line?? One about 7 inches from my gas tank and one before my gas line goes into my engine......I have been told that there is nothing wrong with this set up however, they said that there was no need for two bulbs. In myopinion it seems like i would looses pressure with 2 bulbs idk though thats why i need yalls help!! Also if i only need one buld which one doo i need, the one by the gas tank or the one by my engine......Can you also explain the pros and cons of having 2 to 1 buld located on your gas line??

Thanks Guys...

ezeke

Supreme Mariner
Re: found another issue and needs yalls help BAD!!

You should have one primer bulb and as few connections as possible, all airtight.

Today's fuels require that you have a water separating fuel filter, so you could add that if you don't have one.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I see no harm in having two primer bulbs in the line. . . except that there are extra things that could go wrong, things that you don't need.

My guess is that your fuel line was assembled from parts of two lines, either to make a longer line or because the original two lines had troubles.

I think I would replace it with a new line with one primer bulb. Any potential problem that you can eliminate before launch should be eliminated.

Good luck. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Good advice from ezeke. He also types faster tha me. :)

ifishhard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Appriciate the info guys will do that....Now on the other hand, while we are discussing this, I also had two fuel filter. One located after the first bulb about 20" or so and the 2nd located in the engine (take the top off the engine and it was located on the line that goes into the engine). So i took the 2nd one off and assembled a barb connector to connect the two lines then applyed ty raps to the line over the connector. after doing this, it seemed like my engine idled better (on muffs) Sooooooo what do yall think about this situation???

ezeke

Supreme Mariner

Same thing; every connection, filter, bulb etc, creates more resistance and more Murphy opportunities. Get a full sized water separating fuel filter mounted near your tank and scrap the rest of them. Also, use 5/16 hose and connectors.

If you have a VRO/OMS the only other filter you want is the new one in the oil tank.