New purchase question

jarhead75

Cadet
Can someone please tell me what my "out the door" price would be on a 2008 Bayliner 175 in N.C. This will be my first boat and still a little unsure on the ins and outs.
Also, what would be the best fishfinder/GPS for someone who just doesntwant to get lost or hit the bottom too often? Thanks for the help!

cbavier

Lieutenant
Re: New purchase question

Can someone please tell me what my "out the door" price would be on a 2008 Bayliner 175 in N.C. This will be my first boat and still a little unsure on the ins and outs.
Also, what would be the best fishfinder/GPS for someone who just doesntwant to get lost or hit the bottom too often? Thanks for the help!

In Michigan I just priced a 175 out the Door at $13,000. The next Model up 185 I think is a much better quality and had some nicer features. but more money too. I forgot the difference. Sorry

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

what motor? too many details left out.

Jack Daniels

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bayliners are notorious for fast deprecation, you can save yourself considerable money just by buying a year old boat. Most of these boats are just as good as a new one but some one else payed the depreciation. Here in Indy a new 175 would cost you out the door about 12500 so it sounds about right to me.

thomasz

Recruit

yep 12k -13k is the right range. however, more details would be nice to give you a more exact pricing.

Campylobacter

Chief Petty Officer

bayliner website:

MSRP for the 3.0 L = 11,620.00

destination = 1,179

add taxes, tags (trailer), and registration

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

It's also limited to a 3L motor. No V6 option. You have to bump up to the 185 model for a V6, and that would be a whole bunch more $$.

Kelly

mrmushroomman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I agree that the Bayliner looses value fast and you can usually find a used one with more options and bigger in size for less money if you like Bayliners. Be prepared to keep the boat for awhile if bought new so you don't loose your *** on it having to resell it.

45Auto

Commander

Any new boat (not just Bayliners) depreciates quickly. He could buy a new 20' Cobalt (seems to be top of the line in production boats according to JD Powers, etc, etc) and it would pretty much lose MORE than the TOTAL price of the Bayliner the first year .........

mrmushroomman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I Understand that all boats loose there value quickly but, Bayliners don't hold there value well on the resale end at all. Compare them to Sea Ray, Chris Craft, Regal, Four Winds, Crownline, Rinker, etc. There's no comparison on resale value. I guess it depends on what you like and how much you have to spend.

tommays

Admiral

I can assure you that they all lose value around here and about the 15 year point even a Searay gets hard to sell as 95% of the public is NOT DIY

I will have to snap some saltwater Colbat pictures this spring NOT at all pretty when they are not well kept