supercharger for mercruiser 3.0 ???

RCKYMTAIR

Cadet
Hi,
I am wondering if their is a Supercharger available for the Mercruiser 3.0 ??? To get more hp out of it ??? And if their is where is it available and is it safe to use ??

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: supercharger for mercruiser 3.0 ???

No......:D :D :D
140 is about all you will get out of that puppy, if you want more HP, you will need to buy a different boat with the desired HP.....;)

79Glastron

Petty Officer 1st Class

Or you can get the new volvo with FI and get 150HP.

Bondo

Staff member

Hi,
I am wondering if their is a Supercharger available for the Mercruiser 3.0 ??? To get more hp out of it ??? And if their is where is it available and is it safe to use ??

Nope.......

mrmushroomman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't think they make a super charger for the V6 either. Only when your running a V8 will you be able to slap a super charger on. Lot's of $$$

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

I don't think they make a super charger for the V6 either. Only when your running a V8 will you be able to slap a super charger on. Lot's of $$$

Any of the procharger SBC blowers would work on the 4.3

dcg9381

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can adapt a supercharger or turbo charger to anything.
Here's a photo of a turbo that I added to a 2.4L Toyota motor (mid 1980s vintage):

eng5.jpg

Is it practical to do so? Probably not. It's probably a lot more practical to sell that 3.0L powered boat and buy something with a 4.3L or better...

tommays

Admiral

same old 3.0 pimped up

Unfortunately with the 2009 EFI 3.0 motor you also get a marine catalytic converter and O2 sensors will see how crazy it makes the price and how well they hold up or not

attachment.php

Tommays

TilliamWe

Banned

Where can i read more about that new engine - is it the GM Vortec 3000 with MPI?

Page 22 of Trailer Boats Magazine March 2008 Issue. Maybe you can find the article and picture on their website too.

Same 3.0 engine they have been using for years. GM actually developed the MPI system for it, and both Mercruiser and Volvo Penta are using it for 2008 according to Trailer Boats Magazine's Marine Power 2008 edition.

BTW, in your picture Tomm, it makes the exhaust manifold look to be higher than the intake plenum. If the picture in TBM, the Intake lloks to be the high point. Either way, it's a lot taller than in the past!

enn858

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Is it possible to replace a Carb 2007 Mercruiser 3.0 to a EFI version - and reuse the Alpha drive etc - is it a easy swap?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

The setup Tommays shows is all Volvo, with Catalitic converter. They aren't even on the market yet, let alone someone having info if you can hook it up to a Mercruiser or not.
Don't forget, Volvo doesn't deal with shift interrupt switchs or dog clutch drives. So nothing on the ECM that understands a shift interrupt system. The exhaust system is also completely different. Way to early to tell anything about it.