1989 bayliner,85 force,tilt,trim

swfladad

Cadet
the previous owner took the tilt,trim off,where can i find a new one or a good used one,or how much would it cost to have a boat mechanic install a new one,or would it be cheaper and less money if i just bought a different motor?:eek::mad::confused::(

phonedrn8

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1989 bayliner,85 force,tilt,trim

be lucky u have a tilt and trim already on it

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

The pump motor alone is a good $350, if ya can find one. Install? Bill Gates would be saying "no thanks"...Rams gone...? Run Forrest, run..

RRitt

Captain

you can watch ebay and pick up used systems during off-season for $150-$200. If you are lucky then it may work for a season or two before it needs rebuilding. It would probably be smarter to get it rebuilt before installation. Lifespan of rubber is 17-23 years. It is related to age of rubber more than hours of use. A good rebuild should run $300ish. Stay away from saltwater unless you get fantabulous bargain. Saltwater corrosion can add $80-$150 to cost of rebuild.

or .....
you can buy a new aftermarket system for about same. Not as nice since single stage instead of dual. And it usually requires remounting engine onto sub-bracket. But it is brand new and widely available. You should be able to find a good one for good price right here on i-boats. Factory TnT is no longer available new.

or ....
if you are on water with boat lift then you can put 1/2" x 12" galvanized bolt through trailering holes and zip-tie the engine down for reverse. Doesn't work very well for trailering since you have to cut zip ties and manually lift engine.