Sea Pro Takin on Water???

Lostmydamnhalo

Recruit
Ok me and a few buddies whent off shore to do a little fihing. The boat was running good and had no problem getting on plane. After we started to trole, I noticed some water in the head.. decided this was not a good thing we headed back in.. the boat seemed to be dragging.. heavy in the water this did not look good... made it back to the docks and pulled out of the water..(YES.. I did not forget to put the plug in) LOL Pulled out the plug, and the water began to drain. ( alot of water).

I dropped the boat off at the Sea Pro dealer, and after 3 weeks of checking the boat out... they couldn't find a thing wrong with it!
Any Idea why the boat took on water? Alot of water!!! The boat is a 2006 and I am wondering why the bildge pump didn't work? This boat has only been in the water maybe 10 times.. I bought it brand new! I am afraid to take the family out in this boat.. HELP!

guschilds

Recruit
Re: Sea Pro Takin on Water???

Blue Waters got it.
I had a similar issue, albeit not as severe conditions etc...
I got lucky and figured it out prior to leaving. My story is this.
I go to the boat in the slip and tried to start it, it was dead. Switched to battery 2 and it fired up, along with the bilge emptying a ton of water.
After an investigation What I found was that the hose that was feeding my raw water washdown had cracked and was filling directly into the bilge.
So here's what happened the leak occured "sometime" and over the week I was off the boat the battery had died from the bilge pump running.
Fixed all issues. Interesting weakness I guess in Sea Pro boats, mine was (and still is) a 2007 186CC.
To answer your bilge not running (please don't take offense) was it in manual mode instead of automatic?

David B.

Seaman Apprentice

I had a problem with my 1999 180cc seapro taking on water once, It turned out to be the hose that connected to the anchor locker became disconnected. a good way to test for that is to run water into the anchor locker while the boat is not in the water. the water should start coming out of a drain hole in the back of the boat. also check to make sure your bilge pump is working properly

Donnyf

Cadet

guschilds , I hope it was the dealer that replaced that hose for you.

lostmydamhalo , If you have the same hose problem then Sea Pro should be sending a defective part warranty letter out . Ill be checking mine I'm also a 2007 boat.

Thats the kind of stuff this message board is all about ! Lets keep each other up to date.

guschilds

Recruit

Didn't have SeaPro look at it. At the time it was on the water and I actually forgot to mention it. fixed fairly quickly, seemed easier then towing it in. I'll have to mention enxt time the boat is at the dealer.

Jimbo D.

Recruit

Two things I'd check:

1. Intake or Drain Pipes for any of your bait wells could be loose or totally unattached. Even if you don't have them "on", if the valve is in the open position the intake scoops on the hull will pull in water at higher speeds. You are therefore filling your own boat with water.

2. I'm thinking the main reason your bilge didn't work is BECAUSE it is a new boat, you will have lot's of scraps, loose waste, screws from the manufacturing process that get washed down to the bilge and clogging it up/breaking it/stop it from running, etc......something not good regardless.

Check those things out and see if it helps.