Looking for...

Hondo65

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I did not see in the rules where it was a no-no to ask if anyone has something that you are looking to buy. The Classified section only has boats as far as I can tell and not parts. So if it is ok I am looking for A convertible top or convertible top frame for the boat in my sig. I realize this is a long shot but hope that it is ok to ask in this forum. I always check the auction sites. maybe someone can send me a message about any used boat parts sites.

Thansk
Hondo

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Looking for...

offering to buy and sell is not ok, in the forum. first knowing where you are would help with salvage companies. it is a longshot to find one. you may have to go with a bimini. many in the iboats store.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Shouldn't be too hard to find. The local Evinrude dealer here has several. Most canvas shops around have old bow sets and even good used tops. I remember driving by a shop in the Keys that must have had 20-25 outside. Guess it depends on where you're at....

Hondo65

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks guys. I am in Rochester, NY. We have some canvas shops around here but I haven't started asking around yet. I have a Bimini but would like the Convertible to use the boat in less than ideal weather, that is why I want it to connect to the top of the windshield. I just saw a pictrue of A Sea Ray like minewith the Convertible cover. I have Holes in the Rail along the side windows where the exact cover must have been sometime in the past. It has since been replaced with the Bimini. Was hoping to find someone who might have at least the bows.

Thanks

Hondo

akwalker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hondo, if you find anyone local that sells just the bows, please let me know. I'm in the market as well, as I'd like to make my own top.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Use the clear plastic isenglas to connect the bimini to the winshield. Put it on only when needed. You're going to need the side panels anyway (I assume).