Eagle seafinder 480DF

delta1

Seaman Apprentice
After reading some of the older posts regarding the 480DF I am second guessing my consideration of this unit. I understand these posts are a year old and talking about year old models, but it still make me question Eagles quality. So, are the new models any better, more reliable? I'm trying to stay around the $200 range and thought this would be a good unit. My other consideration was the Hummingbird 565.

Any opinions would be appreciated,

Paul

PS I'm planning on a "through hull" setup, can I get good results with this?

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Eagle seafinder 480DF

Eagle is made by Lowrance. Unless you are fishing deep salt waters you really don't need a dual frequency unit.

sc_shane

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Eagle seafinder 480DF

I can't speak of this specific unit, but I have an Eagle Fishmark 320, and it is great. I bought it on a recommendation of a buddy of mine who has both the 320 and the 480. He is an avid Striper fisherman setup to the gills with equipment, typically with no expenses spared. These units are, indeed, made by Lowrance. I have been very pleased with the quality and longevity of the unit. It seems like it's going to hold up for quite some time. It's well built. I had to call customer service for a question, which they were courteous and answered quickly.

So, I really like the Eagle units. Like I said, I can't speak on the specific unit you're looking at, but I have no problems with recommending Eagle. Good luck!