Make lift bunks fit stepped hull

I just purchased a 2000 Regal 2800. I need to modify my lift to accomodate the stepped hull but cant get a straight answer from anyone on what is actually needed. Has anyone done this? How much needs to be added in height and length to the rear of the boat lift to support the boat correctly?

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Make lift bunks fit stepped hull

Add the height of the step, but taper the bunks upward and beyon the step going forward like a ramp so that there's no lip for the step to get hung up on.

Here's my 2550 on a bunk trailer. You can see how the rear bunks extend forward beyond the step and taper down to the level of the forward bunks.

47b5ce05b3127cce94a79761e44d00000016108CbM27Nyzcg

YellowRegal

Cadet

I have the same question, but am having trouble understanding your explanation Mischief (It's me, not your explanation!)

Can I trouble you for a more detailed step by step explanation?

Thanks so much!

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

47b8dd38b3127cceb76458a0adb700000026108CbM27Nyzcg

In this photo, I highlighted the edge of the step in red. You can see how the outboard bunk extends forward, past the trailing edge of the step. This bunk is also bent downward a little at the front so that there's air between it and the hull for a foot or two aft of the step. The bend and the fact that it extends forward beyond the step prevents the step from hanging up on the bunk as I back off the trailer. If the bunk was straight and ended behind the edge of the step, it would be extremely difficult to get the boat off the trailer. Otherwise, these bunks are setup exactly the same way as any other bunk trailer.