Soft Bulb? Aha!!!

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Couldn't stand it any longer, not knowing why my aftermarket primer bulbs won't pump up firm. So I took one apart. Guess what? BOTH check valves had come apart and were just rattleing around loose inside the bulb. The just snap together---very loosely. Guess it's time for a new bulb or two.

Attachments

• Primer Bulb Valves.jpg
    Primer Bulb Valves.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Soft Bulb? Aha!!!

The one that I haven't taken apart yet is marked Attwood. The one in the picture only says "Made in USA"...That's unusual, huh?

Benny1963

Lieutenant

hey fr ive had probs with all the cheap bulbs that they sell at wallyworld
and else were i finaly bought hi flow ends and bulb from brp and havent had prob yet.always wonderd what the hell was wrong with them
have a good one fr Bennyb

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Ya gonna take the Attwood apart too? I'm curious.
Bought a Wally W for my Merc inline. Its getting tossed come spring, and Boaters W sells Attwood. Wonder if its any better?
Let us know!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i have found if you hold the after markets, with the arrow pointing straight up, they work a lot better, and will get hard.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

OK, I just took the Attwood apart and it is made very similar, but seems to be a bit thicker plastic where the retainers snap in and they have not fallen apart. Should work reasonably well if held upright while pumping. But that hasn't been my experience with it.