what i need to check next?

jjdluz

Seaman
i have 1992 yamaha 200 outboard,have few test done last week find out one cylinder not working properly,i unplug all six ignition core one does not effect running,and i did compression check,110 on 1-3-5,115 on 2-4-6,and i switch the plug and wire still same cylinder,so plugs and wire is good,and use spark plus tester,have orange color spark all six ,what i need to check next?cdi wire?or timming?or carburetor jet is clogg?i should i check any gas go to that cylinder,any good advices?thanks.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: what i need to check next?

Orange spark is not an indication of a fuel system problem -- it's an indication of an ignition system problem. I'm not familiar with your engine but I do know you will need a service manual for troubleshooting the problem. If you don't have one, try your library. Unless you have a DVM and know how to use it you will not be able to do the tests.

jjdluz

Seaman
Re: what i need to check next?

thanks for the help,and sounds like i have ignition problem,and motor is runing good except rough idle ,i do have ownermanual,and it show me how to check cdi unit,what else i need to check?thanks,ignition core and plug are new,and test is good,what other parts is possiable have problem cause orange color spark?alos is that mean only one cylinder not effect running maybe wire of that cyinder is bad?(becuause rest of five cylinder unplug the core does effect running,thanks.