Carb Troubles

Skagway

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 40hp Japanese built mariner. During rebuilding the lower carb, the primer jet screw broke apart and is now stuck inside. Also the drain screw broke off and is also now stuck. I tried a screw extracter on the drain srew and the extractor bit broke off inside the drain screw. the drain screw now leaks. Any idea how to get these pieces out without damaging the housing?

Laddies

Banned
Re: Carb Troubles

It sounds to late, but take it to a good machine shop, it's for sure the wrong person has been working on it.

Skagway

Seaman Apprentice

Sounds easy enough, but we do not have a machine shop in town! I bought the baot and motor last year. It had not been ran in a while. The carbs needed a rebuild. the primer jet was in there pretty tight. The top of the jet is a screw head that shattered. Brass
I ran it that way last summer and it worked for a while.
Can you buy the carb housing

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Check e-bay for a new or used carb. Probably a bunch of them available.

big_b16

Seaman

My original post concerned a busted main jet...after re-reading, you're into something else.

Skagway

Seaman Apprentice

The main jet and the primer jet look about the same. did your srew head top strip out and bust. if so how did you get it out. I have a new jet to put in if I get the old one out.