Tomarrow is the big move

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Well, Tomarrow we load up a 26' uhaul truck and begin our journey to Gainesville Fl. to start our new life there. This will be our second cross country move since I have been on Iboats and I figure if this keeps up we will have crossed 100s of iboaters paths :) Truth is Ronda has said next time I want to move cross country I will be doing it alone so hopfully this will be the last big move. To all you Florida people let me appologise in advance for any ruckus we will cause your ( And ours real soon ) state, when we unleash our kids and pets :) Wish us luck.

angus63

Captain
Re: Tomarrow is the big move

Best of Luck with the new place and a safe journey to you. Always exciting to start fresh somewhere new. Enjoy!!

aspeck

Staff member

Hey Mike, good luck on the trip. Will try to get in touch with you when I get back to the States next week.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Thanx guys......Hey Art when are you gonna be in Orlando? Let me know we can maybe get some fishin in :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Safe traveling! Take your time to rest and enjoy the sights...... you realize that you need to arrive alive and rested to empty the 26' truck.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Just packing things up has drained me and I allready feel half dead....by the time we get there I may wish I was dead :) We are doing the trip in 2 days and a hotel stay in between so it shouldnt be too bad.........I see it as an adventure the wife see's it as 100's opportunities for disater to strike :D hopfully Im right.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Roll with the ups and downs. If anything happens it will just add adventure to the trip. Just be confident and that will calm your wife.

MikDee

Banned

Hey Mike Good Luck! This has got to be an exciting adventure, along with the frustration, & stress, but also pleasure, & relief when it's all finally done. I envy you going to a warmer climate, wish I could go there myself! I'm just stuck up here in the Northeast.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Have a safe and fun trip Mike.
If it helps tell Ronda it could be worse, 20 below with wind here yesterday.
Movin south is GOOD! ;):D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i did a 2 day run to kansas city several years ago. 2 days makes a rough trip, especially with kids.

Coors

Captain

Don't worry about making noise or a ruckus- you will probably have 4 college students renting the house next door.
I used to live there.

mike176

Petty Officer 1st Class

Lake sante fe is a good lake just outside of gainesville. The Gulf and the Atlantic are about an hour and a half away since we are right in the middel. Be ready for the sky high property tax and maxed out!!! gas tax we pay.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Coors, We are actully moving to Alachua.....And our house is 1,500 ft from the road and you cant even see any nieghbors so Im not worried about college students.

Mike, I fished Santa Fe before, I remember it being a big lake. My family has property on the swaunee river so I figure I will fish it alot. How about newmans lake? ( It looked real close on the map)I heard the water level was too low to get a boat on it though.

mike176

Petty Officer 1st Class

Newmans holds the titel of the most polluted lake in the state of Florida acording to FDEP, the water smells bad and it leave a horrible brown oil film on your boat. Newmans is a dead lake, I would not go there if I was you. Alachua is a good town, but kind of high and dry for any boater. I live in Hawthorne so i'm on the other side of the county. I fish alot of the lakes in the Hawthorne area.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Well, if the move was uneventful, and I hope it was, you should be in the sunshine state now. Let us know how it went when you can.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

just wondering how your doin ?

how did the drive go?

mike176

Petty Officer 1st Class

Things move a little slow in Alachua, he may not have internet for a while.

tjl76evinrude

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hopefully you left the snow and crummy weather back there! i kinda like my sunny days in the 70's while everyone else is in freezes and blizzards.

hope the move went well.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

We made it......just got dsl hooked up will be back om later and tell you of our adventure......oh yes the weather ROCKS!!!!!!