Winter Blues

Just venting. It is too dang cold here in St. Louis, MO all teh lakes are frozen so I cannot take my boat out, and if I take a short trip anywhere I will have to re winterize it when I get back. Man I think I am just going to move to Florida where I can fish all year!

Anyone have some quick tips for winter boat storage? I have an out board so I just put it down to make sure all the water is out, dry out the live well, and I check the lower unit for oil in the water. Thats about it, and I have not had an issue. but it just sucks havign to do that every time I want to go some where in the winter.

lol Winter sucks!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Winter Blues

in Florida that is all i do, everytime if come home. i also run seafoam, in my fuel, to help keep the carbs from gumming up. some like to fog the motor for long lay ups.

ziggy

Admiral

it just sucks havign to do that every time I want to go some where in the winter.
could be worse, ya could have an i/o........

i got the winter blues too if it makes ya feel any better..... i was out at my local fishin hole the other day.... solid as a rock..... :( 2 or 3 more months of waiting for me i guess.....

Scout Sport Fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ah, how do you think I feel when my income is based on the boating season!

I work at a marina up here in Long Island, New York. So cold=no business.

tashasdaddy

how about a part time job, delivering oil?

a70eliminator

Captain

Quite a cold snap happening here in the northeast, too cold to even work out in the garage. Winter for me is time for mods upgrades and repair, when it's mild enough to heat the garage that is, but at temps below 20F forget it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Quite a cold snap happening here in the northeast, too cold to even work out in the garage. Winter for me is time for mods upgrades and repair, when it's mild enough to heat the garage that is, but at temps below 20F forget it.
I hear ya A70.
Getting the same snap here.
Down to 9? tonight. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Lakester

Chief Petty Officer

how about a part time job, delivering oil?

or maybe drilling for it. night line had a spit on the ND oil boom last night, and the reserves are reported to be... enormous!.

doubt it will lower pump costs, though.

had a piece on news other nite about where the gasoline $ goes.

60% to drilling and production
20% to marketing and selling
20% to taxes

well, in texas any hoo...

so far i have done no preps for winterizing. so far temps have not dipped below 25F in the country and one night and only for short period. boat is inside and not cold enuff for any freezing. but i watch it. :)

but it has been cold enuff to grow a BUMPER crop of fresh peas in my garden this year. :D "delicious"

regards,
lakester :cool:

tnduc

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah, I know how you guys feel. I couldn't get out today because it only got up to 56 degrees with a 20 knot wind :D. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get out on the bay.

m&m252

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah, bad day here in the fla.keys only able to catch 10 lobsters a bit windy,i mean when we had to turn on the grill took 3 attempts to ignite almost broke a sweat....

yeah, bad day here in the fla.keys only able to catch 10 lobsters a bit windy,i mean when we had to turn on the grill took 3 attempts to ignite almost broke a sweat....

I hate you guys....... lol its a high of 17 F tomorrow with a low of 5.... I cannot wait to move to Florida in May.... St. Louis, Sucks. lol