Mitchell Boats?

Ingalls

Cadet
Has anybody heard of Mitchell Boats. I have a 1964 17 ft that Im looking for info about. The Mitchell placard says Bradenton Fla. I found a Mitchell brochure online that has a California location. Ive also heard that the company now may be Mitchcraft, Allcraft, or Stumpnocker. The serial number sticker on the boat says Mitchell Plastics. I dont know if any of these companies are related.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mitchell Boats?

Moving to Boat Topics and Questions (not engine topics)

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Yes, there were Mitchell boats produced here in Bradenton. They were a "low-priced" boat with matching quality.

OdysseyBW

Recruit

PM for info on what happened to some of the Mitchell molds.

Andrei

Last edited:

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

OMG! Russ Mitchell, boy does that bring back memories..........

Mitchell Boats, Mitchcraft, Suncoast....I think there were others???

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Dhadley, I never met the guy, but I'm wondering if he is related to the infamous Mitchell clan? I think you know what I mean.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

We used to sell Russ' boats, that's how I met him. I used to go to Bradenton to pick up boats. Or where ever his current plant was.........

We also sold Brothers' Boats. Now, getting Bill Brothers and Russ Mitchell together was a real treat. Too funny!!

mcalOS

Recruit

]Yes, there were Mitchell boats produced here in Bradenton. They were a "low-priced" boat with matching quality.
I own a 69 14 foot mitchell and a 72 16 foot mitchell that have been used since their production date. seems like they are holding up fine to me

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

BTW, the forum rules are that you don't respond to any threads more than 3 months old unless you are the original poster. This one is a wee bit older than that! Just start your own thread.