Too quite! What's everyone working on?

*EdC*

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Yea... I know it's January. But, there must be some winter projects going on!
Here's a few of my transom rebuild. Almost ready to pour!:D

6jbuflz.jpg
816ambl.jpg
81qq1hc.jpg

pduquette

Ensign
Re: Too quite! What's everyone working on?

Hi Ed !
I'm waiting on the complete wiring harness for my J50, then I can begin putting the coils, power pack, fule pump+supply hoses back on. 'Bout ready to fire it back up. I'm DIEING with anticipation!!!!! I decided to gamble on the carbs...so far they look good in my inspections. Once she's running I'll run SeaFoam through them.
BTW do you have a tech spec sheet for '61 or '62 I'm guessing (from the '59 brochure) that my max hp is 50. I was Just hopeing they raised the '61-62s up to about 65hp. Thats what I get when using the hp formular on othre sites. Maybe I've just been stareing at the snow toooo looonnnggg!!!

*EdC*

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey Pete,
I checked all my literature, you have an Oxford right? From what I can gather... MFG boats of the same length had all the same h.p. rating. Here is a quote from one of there catalogs
"MFG BOAT-HORSEPOWER COMBINATIONS- MFG pressure molded hulls are the strongest, most durable hulls available...anywhere. The suggested horsepower shown do not represent maxium combinations, but are intented as conservative recommendations for good performance with maximum safety for all persons under any resonable boating conditions"
So....... who knows.
I don't have a later catalog with any other info, sorry 'bout tat!

Ed

pduquette

Ensign

Thanks Ed.
I kinda like that answer!! Suggested ; not Maximum.....HMMm..Ya that works for me !:D Who uses that famous tag line "The Maximum HP is never enough?":cool: