Help with my fleetwin PLEASE

dfoss

Cadet
Hey guys I have a 55, 56, or 57 fleetwin. I was hoping someone knew what year it might be from the serial #. It is a 7.5hp serial # is 7524-10127. Also it is a short shaft and I put it on a boat it was too small for. Now it runs but doesnt pee any water. Is it the impeller or water pump? I have a guy that can help me fix it but where can I get the impeller for it or water pump? any help would be great thanks.
Donavon

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Help with my fleetwin PLEASE

1958 7.5 hp fuel oil mix 24 to 1. OEM part # for the water pump rebuild kit 391391 superceded to new number 763758. i check iboats for it, did not find. dealer, laingsoutboards.com or ishopmarine.com around $40.00 + shipping.

JB

Those first 4 digits, 7524, are the model number, Donovan.

That is a 1958 7.5.

Is this a new-to-you engine? I don't recall telltales on those engines.

If you don't find impellers or water pump kits here on iboats, you can try NAPA auto parts stores or a JohnnyRude dealer.

Others will come along with other suggestions.

JB

Dang! I need to learn to type faster. :(

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

No kidding. TD had it in 9 minutes! I think he has it wired to a pager or something!

tashasdaddy

just got lucky guys. then i edited the part numbers.

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

The motor doesn't have a telltale but water should be flowing out of the exhaust port on the back of the midsection.

dfoss

Cadet

Hey you guys are good, thank you so much. If i can get the part at napa that will be even better. Once again thanks for the help I'll let you know how things end up. Hopfully this jon boat I have will get back on the water.
Donavon

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

And make sure the water pump is under water when testing, running it out of the water is not good!