WOT for SBC Yamaha YEMS sterndrive

Celeb92

Seaman Apprentice
I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post this question but the contributors to the Prop Questions always refer to WOT specs so I though it best to start here. I have a 1992 vintage 5.0 chevy powering a Yamaha sterndrive. The engine is equipped with the Yamaha YEMS system. Can anyone tell me what the WOT rpm range should be? I have prop questions but I can't ask for your advice until I know if the boat is currently operating in the proper ranges. I have searched the posts using various keywords and combinations but have not come across the WOT info. Any help would be appreciated.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: WOT for SBC Yamaha YEMS sterndrive

Probably 4400 - 4800 RPM with what you consider an average load. Call a Yamaha dealer to confirm the RPM range but these close.

Celeb92

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks Silvertip. That is the range that I though would be reasonable for a marine 5.0 but I do realize that different drive manufacturers offered different engine configurations -- some "hotter" than others. Any likelihood that top-end is less than the 4800 rpm? Best of my recollection, my 21 ft Celebrity deep-V was turning about 4600 rpm WOT with a 14x19 3-blade aluminum prop. It will be late spring before I can put the boat in the water again to check this out but I'm gathering info in anticipation of that wonderful event.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Post your question over on the Mercruiser I/O forum. You'll get an answer quicker and with more accuracy.

Celeb92

Seaman Apprentice

OK -- I started in Props because of the always needed WOT rpm's to address questions but I wonder if my question shouldn't go to the I/O forum. I'll post a new thread there. Again, thanks for the help.

Bondo

Staff member

was turning about 4600 rpm WOT with a 14x19 3-blade aluminum prop.

Ayuh,.....

Regardless of whether Yamaha rates that 5.0l Chevy differently than Merc. or Volvo,.....

4600rpms at WOT is Still a Good place to be......