Leisure Pontoon Boats

Harvey Green

Recruit
I am looking at buying a used "Leisure Pontoon" boat. It is a 2002, model 228 with a 2 stroke Yamaha 25 hp engine. I have never heard of Leisure Pontoon and can find nothing on the Internet about the company, where it is made or any values for this boat. Can someone out there give me some advice or directions.
Thanks,
hcg

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Leisure Pontoon Boats

Leisure Pontoons are among a dozen or so brands sold in the upper midwest and have a good reputation but then there isn't a heck of a lot you can do to screw up a pontoon. I assure you however, that a 22 footer with a 25 HP will not get you anywhere in a hurry. If you are on a small lake or resevoir that's probably not an issue but if you are on bigger water, a 40 would be a much better choice.

D

DJ

Re: Leisure Pontoon Boats

Leisure Pontoons are among a dozen or so brands sold in the upper midwest and have a good reputation but then there isn't a heck of a lot you can do to screw up a pontoon. I assure you however, that a 22 footer with a 25 HP will not get you anywhere in a hurry. If you are on a small lake or resevoir that's probably not an issue but if you are on bigger water, a 40 would be a much better choice.

Agreed. You will be lucky to get 10 MPH and may not make any headway in a stiff oncoming breeze.