Your plans for 2008

I thought this might be a fun thread . What project or projects do you plan for this new year? I have several but 2 of my most inportant are to complete the restoration of my 64 fairlane and my 60 Crestliner. :D

MikDee

Banned
Re: Your plans for 2008

I plan to try and stay Alive for at least another year, :D if I can.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I will be converting my lounge room, currently a junk room for all my dive gear, old sofas, broken electronics and anything else that I haven't a proper home for, into a proper lounge room with a big flat panel TV on the wall and a nice air conditioner. I will then convert the current family room, with an old tube TV and the lounge suite, into a proper dining room. After that the main project will be EARN MORE MONEY to pay for all the work done in the lounge and family rooms. :eek::eek::D:D:D:D

Chris...........

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

as i said in another post, work less on my boats, and use them more.

Hoss the Hermit

Chief Petty Officer

I'm gonna take a more active role in my retirement plans. Gotta stop going with the EZ pick, and get my own Powerball numbers

Bigprairie1

Commander

Thats a loaded question for me. I seem to always plan myself into too many projects. However, what the heck...here are a few:
-Install a bathroom and an extra bedroom/office in our basement
-Install power steering, brakes and a 700R transmission in my '66 chev pick-up to make it more driveable for everyone (particularly my wife).
while keeping (attempting) a stock appearance.
-Re-do my workshop with some really nice work cupboards & counters
-Build a nice outdoor patio/fireplace-pit area for the summer
-Add power/plugs to a relatively finished enclosed porch I built
-Extend my covered deck out
....ok, I better stop while I'm ahead...or behind for that matter.
BP

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

I'm gonna take a more active role in my retirement plans. Gotta stop going with the EZ pick, and get my own Powerball numbers
Hillarious! :D Ya gotta love a man who takes charge of his own life!! :D

For me, I have a '39 Elto 1.1 horse that was my Grandads. For about the twenty something year in a row my plan is to refurbish it and get it runnin.;):cool:

Last edited:

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

finish current boat project in time for spring. Project consists of; deck/stringer replacement, upholstery of interior, buy/mount outboard, buy/mount kicker motor, buy/mount wakeboard tower...sound like i have my hands full.

starsnstripers

Lieutenant

Good thread, I'm hoping to get this Slickcraft SS 215 done and in the water for striper fishing season. And meet a few slickcraft owners on theNorth East Coast. Oh, and learn a few things from the great veterans of this sight.:D

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Well, our shop is a mess + has been since we moved in. We have made steps to get better, but we have too many tools, for the size shop, and when we moved in, they all got thrown in, in any order, and the shop became filled with a whole bunch of stuff. We have almost taken control, but still have a lot left, so that has to get finished, before we work on the boats.

Then, the Alumacraft needs to be finished (started)

I am probably going to sell my Grumman, and buy a 14 foot jon, and do a conversion, to make a better small water bass rig than my Grumman is.

I also have a 1936 OMC, and a 1955 Johnny that need complete restoration.

Then, if we have free time, we can work on the Lund, and dads 2 electric shift, non running outboards, and his two non electric shift, non running outboards.

...............Who knows?

External Combustion

Chief Petty Officer

I have always wanted to go down the Misissippi in my own steamboat. This is the year for it, God granting. I am still here, though the medico's had me planted early last year, so I am still working for the trip.

I have three ricks of wood cut and drying, just need 17 ricks more (1/3 chord to the face rick here in my parts) to go from Catoosa, Oklahoma to the South Pass and back. Lots of ice storm damage to help me out. Gettin' paid to haul off fuel maybe!!

Even more important, let my wife and kid know how much I love them and how lost I would be without them. Hopefully I can share that sitting in a boat on the water. Maybe even a string in the drink, wishing for a tasty fish to grab hold!

I have started with the Sea Scouts. If the year is fruitfull, I can help the kids discover boating as a better alternative to shallow living.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Finish the gosh darned transom.

What, you expect me to do more in just a year?!? :D

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer

finnish my 1959 trident transom floor and stringer replacement in time for summer finnish all my other projects sell my 14 foot crestliner. and keep my sanity

magster65

Commander

Geez... how about;
hug my mommy more
renovate my house
buy fewer boats
make my boy nice
eat less
exercise more
boat more
buy stocks in Budweiser
and... stop frying bacon in the nude. :D

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Buy more gadgets for the boat.

Caveman Charlie

Chief Petty Officer

Well,,,, I'm really hoping to find a girlfriend that likes to go fishing on my boat with me. Be helpful if she had a drivers license then we could pull my camper and boat to the lake at the same time and spend weekends there.

Of course she needs to ravage me once and awhile too.:D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Well,,,, I'm really hoping to find a girlfriend that likes to go fishing on my boat with me. Be helpful if she had a drivers license then we could pull my camper and boat to the lake at the same time and spend weekends there.

Of course she needs to ravage me once and awhile too.:D

Maybe you will get lucky enough to find a good woman with a truck that will tow your toys!!

Me....
Stay alive
Thinking of starting a small business (to help pay for the toys)
Play harder