What Power Trim??

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Have a 1985 50 HP 4 cylinder Mariner Serial # 0A189817 Model # 7050525, with no power trim. Have been looking for a used one or even a complete parts motor locally, but I am unsure of what years and HP power trim will fit this motor. No luck so far with searches and the factory manual does not give me a lot of info. Any help with information would be greatly appreciated. Really do not want to go to a CMC unit.

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What Power Trim??

On the Type I is the trim pump assembly mounted external to the engine? In my manual under Type I it appears to show that the two lift cylinders are on the motor but not the trim pump. Do you know what years used the Type I. I am assuming that they were used from the late 70's through 85. When Mercury went to the 3 Cylinder design in 86 did they go to the Type II? I really hate to assume as it has a way of coming back to haunt me.

Laddies

Banned

1966 to 87, you may ck the BAM Marite site for parts breakdown if it would help

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks that gives me a much better idea of what I am looking for. Have a line on one of a 60 merc just waiting to hear back for the seller. Will probably have lots of install questions when I finally get a complete unit. Thanks again for your time and interest.