Best Stereo System, Bass Boat

astrobass

Recruit
Hey everyone i recently just got a 17' astro bass boat and i want to put a stereo system in it. could anyone give me suggestions for the best brands or models?

also, does anyone knows where i could find astro bass boats online?

thanks!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Best Stereo System, Bass Boat

i have been using junk yard radios for years, they go bad and $20.00 unit. google astro boats.

ziggy

Admiral

i'd think the best stereo system might be in the eye of the beholder. anyways, ya might try the search function here on iboats. there's been many threads written regaurding stereos in boats..... myself. i have a panasonic auto radio w/ panasonic non marine 6.5" x 4 for speakers. the speakers do have plastic for cones and voice coil though...... ya'll have to wait till next spring for me to comment on how durable it is though. it worked all last season. but i took a wave over the bow in late spring last season and the cd player injested water (and i mean really injested it, right thru the cd slot), along with everything else.... so, if it don't work next season, i'll know to get marine rated or at least a cover for it........ after the wave, the radio lost it's display, worked but was horrible distorted..... by afternoons end that day, the distortion had gone away and after a week, the display came back totally..... i like panasonics my self.....

bamafutbal

Petty Officer 1st Class

i go the car stereo route, most marine radios do not have the features of the cheapest car radios, ie. the $119.00 pioneer 3900 has ipod hook, multiple outputs (sub) and free install. side by side to most marine radio, it would be night and day difference in quality of sound. in 3 years if it tears up, buy a new one for same price or cheaper and its still cheaper than a comparable marine radio. also a little extra and you can get HD radio and xm/sirius radio (the pioneer has the hookups for xm )

SpinnerBait_Nut

I don't use radios in my bass boat.
I fish from my bass boat and the music would scare my fisheys.:D

tashasdaddy

actually. i've never had a problem with it scaring fish. dad just wanted peace and quite.