boating magazines

BIGMAX

Cadet
Hey there folks.

I'm wanting to subscribe to a good monthly boating magazine, but there are soo many out there I don't know which one to go for. I am a recreational type boater (family orientated) and have a bowrider. I live in the South (Upstate) and wonder if any of you may be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks.

mickjetblue

Chief Petty Officer
Re: boating magazines

I just went through a year of Trailer Boats, from a gift subscription.
I was thinking of whether or not to renew, and decided to renew.
The magazine has educational articles and everything you would want
in a recreational boating magazine.

D

DJ

I was a Trailer Boats subscriber for over ten years. I dropped them when two things happened.

1. I discovered iboats.

2. The Poole family sold the magazine. I though the quality went down and they featured larger and larger boats.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

A couple of others are Boating Life and Go Boating. Both focus mainly on inland boats.

Kelly Cook

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I'm a bass/walleye fisherman and as such own a walleye boat and subscribe to BWB (Bass & Walleye Boats). While these boats are not the same type of boat you have, this magazine has good technical articles, general boating information, and lots of boat tests. Again, while the boats themselves may not be of interest, the engine tests probably would be -- but only if your choice of power is outboard.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I am enjoying boaters world. I did get this year free though from a link from the Stingray website. I posted it here some time ago -- search -- maybe its still good.

AguaSki

Chief Petty Officer

I am on my 3rd year with Trailer Boats Magazine that I receive as a Christmas gift each year. Since I receive the subscription as a gift I will continue to read the magazine, but I am disappointed in the declining number of pages. The last 2 issues of 2007 were barely more than a pamphlet, and a good portion of those pages were devoted to advertising. The early 2007 issues were nearly double the size of the last two issues. I think that Trailer Boats Magazine owes it to their subscribers to offer an information packed issue each month. If 2008 does not improve, I will tell the person that gives the subscription as a gift to save their money.

jarata

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I agree trailer boating is way to small for the price they charge .Go boating and boating life are great

BIGMAX

Cadet

I really appreciate the feedback. Locally I have heard that the Boating Life and Go Boating mags are probably the best to subscribe to, let alone from comments above. I think I will try these out. Thanks once again.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Anything free (Google)...and rip off the Doctors office...(mine says take all ya want)...fun after 50 years wet what the new wizards come up, learned long ago..SSDD..new twist..if it advertises, its BIASED!