Christmas Bonus What will you do?

mudmagnet63

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's been a good year for the Oilfield in case ya'll havent noticed. I plan on buying a nice Bow mount trolling motor any suggestions? Dang I finally made it to 100!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Christmas Bonus What will you do?

I pay myself so all my bonus goes back into the business.
Maybe a new set of tires for all the vans. :)

mudmagnet63

Petty Officer 1st Class

Paying yourself ! It just dont get any better than that!! Old saying says if you work for yourself you only gotta work half a day, you can do what ever you want with the other 12 hours.:D By the way what would you recomend for the speedliner 17' 200hp

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

True, and I only work 6 hours a night, but 7 nights a week. :(

Drowned Rat

Captain

Bonus? What's a bonus? I'm lucky if I get a couple of movie tickets.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Dang DR you get movie tickets?? You lucky devil.

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

Bonus? What's a bonus? I'm lucky if I get a couple of movie tickets.

I would be lucky if my bounus covered movie tickets... Have you seen the price of those things.

Tyme2fish

Commander

One hundred dollars after 21 years. Guess I'll fill up my F-150 with gasoline and buy a hamburger.:mad:

Drowned Rat

Captain

I said I was LUCKY if I got movie tickets. I usually get a dead frozen pig on the doorstep and I'm a vegetarian!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

After decades of not getting Christmas bonuses, I moved from the accounting/finance dept to marketing/planning this year......still no bonus but I did get 7 days for two at any Club Med in the U.S., Mexico or Carribean. Never been to Club Med (or any all-inclusive resort) - I've heard Turks & Caicos is nice - any recommendations?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I said I was LUCKY if I got movie tickets. I usually get a dead frozen pig on the doorstep and I'm a vegetarian!
I feel your pain there DR.....................But I still laffed my azz of at your post.:eek: :D:D:D

Twidget

Commander

Dont know that i would call it a bonus, I got two company logo shirts.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

I got 2 grand. My wife took $1500 and handed me the other $500 and said "here's your half". :confused: Now, I may not be the SHARPEST tool in the shed, but even I know that's not half. Oh well, I can't complain too much, she's worth the extra thou. :D

I spent it all on seacast and fiberglass/resin

By the way, Seacast did an awesome thing for me. I realized later in the night after I had placed my original order that the drain plugs I ordered weren't going to be long enough, so I ordered the longer ones on a seperate order, as well as some more fiberglass mat just to be sure I had enough. By the time shipping was calculated, it came out to roughly $40. Well the next day they called me and saw that I had placed a second order and were wondering if there had been an issue with the first order. I explained that I miscalculated how long the drains should be, since my transom apparantly get's about a quarter inch to a half-inch thicker at the bottom. Anyway, to make a long story short, they cancelled the second order, and added the extra mat to the first order, and swapped out the drain plugs for the longer ones in the first order. Long story short, they saved me $30+!!! I mean holy cow, they didn't have to do that, but they did! What an incredible company. Just incredible.

kmk_7110

Petty Officer 1st Class

I didn't exactly get a christmas bonus the 3Q Bonus came last week with the paycheck and I bought a Digital Camcorder with HDD widscreen. So far I love it and wouldn't have gotten anything else unless it was a boat, but I'm not in the nieghborhood for one at the moment.

Bigprairie1

Commander

...luxury. We used to dream of getting a dead frozen pig on the doorstep.....now that would be Christmas to us.;)

bekosh

Lieutenant

Dead pig for a vegetarian, that's almost as good as this.
2080298621_a570733458.jpg

Weldor

Seaman

One hundred dollars after 21 years. Guess I'll fill up my F-150 with gasoline and buy a hamburger.:mad:

Ok now you're goona have ta make a choice cause ya can;t get both fer a hunderd dollars.:rolleyes:
BTW I also pay myself and I don't think I'll give a bonus this year, heck I'll be lucky if I don't fire myself.

Last edited:

Tyme2fish

Commander

Ok now you're goona have ta make a choice cause ya can;t get both fer a hunderd dollars.:rolleyes:
BTW I also pay myself and I don't think I'll give a bonus this year, heck I'll be lucky if I don't fire myself.
Actually you're correct. The company gives us a gift card for guess who, the company we work for. Have to spend it in our own place of employment.:mad::mad:

Nandy

Commander

Actually you're correct. The company gives us a gift card for guess who, the company we work for. Have to spend it in our own place of employment.:mad::mad:

Man, and I thought I was messed up!