Boat rental/charter in Florida

thrasher

Chief Petty Officer
Most years my family and my sisters family (4 adults & 3 kids) rent a 36 foot katamaran sailing boat for 2 to 3 weeks in Guadaloupe. This time we thought it would be nice to stay in the USA and use the saved air fare money to rent a bigger boat (or the same size for a longer period of time).
We started looking and everywhere that we can find, will only rent a boat with a captain or captain and cook. My brother in law is a qualified captain, so we really just want to hire the boat (with insurance) as we do in Guadaloupe and sail where we want to go. Florida is not a must, just an idea. Does anyone have any experience at renting sail boats in the USA without captains and crew?
Could you please send me any details or ideas? We could always return to guadaloupe, but thought a change of location would be nice.

Many thanks Gary

m&m252

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Boat rental/charter in Florida

i think most boat owners are of the belief "dont lend your boat" even if its for rent to a friend...we have plenty of 20-21ft for rent here in the fla.keys but anything of that size40+ I have only seen at an exotic car/boat renter and the boats are race boat type not what you are looking for... I HAVE PLENTY OF FRIENDS DOWN HERE IF I FIND SOMETHING LIKE WHAT YOU WANT I'LL SEND IT YOU WAY...HOPEFULLY BEFORE YOUR VACATION...

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

We had a great experience renting from Jerry's rentals down in Marathon two years ago. But that was a palm beach CC-top that we rented, not a sailboat. I'm not sure if they have sailboats, but if they do, I'd recommend them.

thrasher

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks, do you have a phone number or WEB site? I suspect there might be several Jerry rentals in Florida if I run a WEB search..

Many thanks Gary