Oceanside, CA fun

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Hey all,
I'll be spending some time in Oceanside,CA this month and have a few things lined up to see, but was wondering what my iboats friends have to offer. I'll be there about 7 days. Maybe some things off that old beaten path me and my guidebook wouldn't think of and of course some good eating places.
Looking forward to your advice.
Bassy

beerrun

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Oceanside, CA fun

Ya gotta have an in-n-out burger. Theres one right in Oceanside. You'll never go to Wendys again.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

hour drive south Mission Bay, San Diego, and Old Town. Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego Zoo.

D

DJ

The best hamburgers and fried zucchini, in the world, are at "A's Burgers" on Pacific Coast Highway in Dana Point.

"A's" is located. down the hill, just past the Doubletree Hotel.

I'll be there next week. Can't wait for that zucchini.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Take the Express from Dana to Catalina. Day trip is great.
'http://www.catalinaexpress.com/scheduleFaresDanaPoint.php'

Dinner at Las Brisas in Laguna Beach, killer view, try for a sunset reservation and a good table (mid-week should be OK). Mexican seafood, pretty good food, great location and decent prices if you don't go nuts . . .

Awesome, have fun!

D

DJ

Agree with QC. Great view. If you are a water lover, it doesn't get better.

Check out "A"'s for a "grease fix".

i386

Captain

The best hamburgers and fried zucchini, in the world, are at "A's Burgers" on Pacific Coast Highway in Dana Point.

"A's" is located. down the hill, just past the Doubletree Hotel.

I'll be there next week. Can't wait for that zucchini.

Sounds like a California thing. Do you get a pedicure while you eat?;)

D

DJ

Sounds like a California thing. Do you get a pedicure while you eat?;)

Very funny. Actually the place is a dive. It's an old surfer haunt (Doheny Beach) from way back.

No, I don't like tofu and I didn't spend 48 years climbing the food chain to eat my fish raw. I can't stand sushi.

jimyoung

Petty Officer 1st Class

Rent a kayak at Doheny beach...paddle out to the buoy and see the seals...weather should be good, about a mile row.....what part of the sierra foothills are you in?

zoe'sdad

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If you have some young-uns you may want to check out Legoland in Carlsbad.

i386

Captain

Very funny. Actually the place is a dive. It's an old surfer haunt (Doheny Beach) from way back.

No, I don't like tofu and I didn't spend 48 years climbing the food chain to eat my fish raw. I can't stand sushi.

I hear ya. I don't like tofu either. I like both wine and sushi but prefer to enjoy them both without any pretentiousness. That's my big turn off I guess. Just ribbin' ya about the pedicure.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Ah yes!! I knew I could count on you. Lots of things I didn't think of. We've got the San Diego things on the list, Coronado Hotel, USS Midway, and an air balloon ride in Del Mar with Mom and now some of the things you've mentioned. Thanks a lot. Looks like 60's and sunny at least until Wednesday. Looking forward to a week long trip of fun.
Bassy

jimyoung- I'm up the hill from you in Squaw Valley. Howdy neighbor!!