2001 Yamaha 130 carbs

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class
This is a 2 stroke carb motor, I just pulled the carbs to clean, I can't get the large plugs out that are on top of the carbs (4). Do I need to get these out for a good cleaning? Can someone tell me what the specs are to set the floats? Air screws were out 1 and 1/4.
I just purchased the boat, it would not run below 1500 rpm but revs well so I thought I would start by rebuilding the carbs and replacing the fuel pump.

slow530

Cadet
Re: 2001 Yamaha 130 carbs

Best way is to crack the screw when the carbs are still mounted to the manifold, especially if they have never been out before. I chased a carb problem for weeks until I cleaned out under those screws. Use the largest screwdriver you have, make sure the end is filed good and square and coax with a wrench on the screwdriver blade if really stubborn. Do not strip the slot, you will regret it.

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well I made my own tool out of an old drill bit so it fit the whole screw head (about 3/4 of an inch wide). Put the carb between my feet and with the bit in the drill I put all my weight over it and it still would not budge. I hope there is no gunk in there because it looks like it will have to go back together the way it is. I did soak the carb for 2 days, then used a can of carb cleaner in it, and then blew it out with compressed air.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

all it is is a transfer pssage, usually there is no fuel in it while its sitting, unless the carbs had water or were submerged I dont usually remove them as I see to many cracked castings while trying to remove them. a hand impact driver works well.

DC20

Petty Officer 1st Class

I ordered a manuel on line last week and am still waiting for it. Could someone please tell me what the specs are for the floats so I can put this all back together this weekend? It is a 130TXRZ
Thank you for all the advice so far.