12Footer LOCATED!! UPDATED

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
12Footer ?? Say something! Have not seen you lately!:confused: :confused:

:)

UPDATE 12/6/07 I spoke with 12Footer on the telephone. He has been busy with work and rarely gets near a computer. Boats are gone and does camping! Sean (real name) wanted me to pass along the very best to everyone, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. He stated he has been hanging out on cube TV. He appreciated the look up and is in great health.

Last edited:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 12Footer ?? HELLO!!

Yea come on 12'er.
Don't be scared.

JB

We miss you, amigo.

waterinthefuel

Commander

Him and Boomyal have started their own web forum where the only topic allowed in the general section is politics, anything else will be locked and the member banned! :D

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Did 12'r bail after the rule change? Have not seen any posts from him in awhile.

C'mon 12! Where ya at??

SpinnerBait_Nut

Did 12'r bail after the rule change? Have not seen any posts from him in awhile.

C'mon 12! Where ya at??
No, he was here last in Oct. way after the change.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Him and Boomyal have started their own web forum where the only topic allowed in the general section is politics, anything else will be locked and the member banned! :D

You'll find several others there also. ;)

KaGee

Admiral

For every action, there is an equal an opposite reaction. :rolleyes:

Bob_VT

Staff member

Bump ^^^^^^^

aspeck

Staff member

Shot an email off to him to make sure all is okay with he and his ... will let you know what I hear.

aspeck

Staff member

Well, that didn't take long ... "...Due to extended inactivity new mail is not currently being accepted for this mailbox."

Bob_VT

Staff member

This does not sound right? :(

Bob_VT

Staff member
Re: 12Footer LOCATED!! UPDATED

Bump read the update in the first post. :D

JB

Whew! Now I can start breathing again. :)

LadyFish

Admiral

Sure do miss ya. Pop in once in awhile and let us know your alive. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Glad to hear 12's doing well. I wonder how Mrs. 12's getting along with her weight and general health? Hope its going great for her.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Wow! My appologies for being so scarce around here. As he stated, I spoke with Bob yesterday VIA phone. I was not aware there were so many of my friends here concerned to the extent they were! It would appear that an explaination is owed and way overdue..... My bad. So here goes;

I haven't had much to contribute that is not redundant. Been there, done that... Ya know? And the "change" carried-away much of my ideological interest in loggin-in to a great extent, my last contribution being something about instant rice or some such, fer cryin out loud -- but my absence can be mainly attributed to the job, more to-point, my current project. I am a utility inspector for a large engineering firm here in the southeast. I am otr a lot, but the main project is in Naples, Fl (an upscale city 33miles to the south of our home). Commutes are HELL daily!! 2.5hours per 33 miles! The tourist season is upon us and I-75 is a parkin lot. And when on the job, I am constantly crackin a whip over one particular sub.... They were kicked-off the project by the client (Collier County), but the sub's bonding agent got them back on it.... Needless to say, It's been rejection-after-rejection of their werk, followed by MOUNTAINS of documentation via pictures, laptop, daily written reports and journal. By the time my average 14hour day is done, I am whooped, and my carpel has been tunneling since lunch. The last place I am to be found after werk is the puter lately... But i love it!!! This job (not so much the "project from hell", but the job itself) is what I was born to do. Every job I have ever had in my entire life has provided experience for this one -- they can be called "prerequisite" for doing what i now do.
I sold the "3rd Motgage" and gave the "12Footer" to me bro, so all I have that floats now is a 16foot fiberglass canoe with a trollin motor... Actually, All i need :) It fits on top of the popup, and it's light enough to roll by hand anywhere (on the homemade canoe carrier i built outta PVC and a kiddy bike). After all, I still tinker around when able. :)
I'm sorry for not checkin-in much. We are all healthy (relatively speaking for our age)... Limitted Time, you asked about Carol and her surgery -- Carol has progressed VERY well since her MGB surgery last Easter week, and has lost ONE HUNDRED TWO POUNDS!!!!! No foolin... She is looking/feeling great.. and that is another reason I haven't been online much -- she is wearing my axe out!!! She has soooo much energy! We bought a couple of those fold-up bikes and have been riding the tires off them. God has been good to her, and I am thankfull her lifelong ordeal with weight is potentially over. She is a new woman.
Carol and I have also been bitten by the camping bug, and she is now thin enough to partake in the activity. The RV (a Flagstaff popup we purchased used) has been my "project boat" du jour. it is just as fun putzin-around with it's innards as boats are, and the two (boats and RV's) have a LOT in common in the way they are built and repaired, less the motor in my case -- they even use the same parts in many areas. :)
On the down-side, if there were one, Carol got fired last week for telling her boss "what fer". More exactly, for being honest and candid -- traits I have always admired about her. She was in tears at the time, but as the week has worn-on, she has been enjoying her time better. We are living paycheck-to-paycheck as allways, but have been in way tighter condition than this. As allways, we will just have to downsize a small bit.
I promise I'll give my best effort to stay in touch with my iboats friends, and still hope to make a "get-together" one of these years, if one is ever held closer to home. To all here, have a very merry Christmas.