Yamaha 200's froze

brokenarm

Cadet
HELP!!
I have a pair 91 or 92 200's that are both froze. They came on a boat I purchased. The story is the boat sank 3/4 under at a dock. The owner took the boat to a marine shop and had the engines gone through and ran. That was a year ago and nothing has been touched since. That is the story anyway. So the engines were suppose run. They don't. On one, I filled all the cylinders up with penatrating fluid and let it sit for a week. I then put a wrench on the flywheel bolt and tried to turn it. Nope. Wouldn't budge. The starter gear engages on both engines, but won't turn the flywheel.
So, now I'm torn beween purchasing a used set of outboard or getting these rebuilt. I think the powerheads are toast, and I can just see those $$$ adding up come repair time. I can get 2 new PH's for around 4grand. Then add labor and whatever else comes up wrong. I know a grand can add up quick with parts.
ANY SUGGESTIONS? My boat want's to play!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha 200's froze

before ya start ordering powerheads, take apart the carbs and the electronics, the ECU on those engines will set ya back 800 or so a piece.]
may be best to bite the bullet and scrap them.