Powder coating

rwise

Captain
Anyone do there own powder coating? I have been looking at some of the units on ebay.

Windykid

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Powder coating

I have a buddy who does his own and the products come out great. And he makes good side money doing it.

dolluper

Captain

Yes on the cheap too,just use an electrostatic spray gun an and old electric oven >>>spray gun was 100 bones ,the oven was free or you can buy the fancy pants units for 10g's and up ,me thinks you would go the spray gun route so then just buy the powder kits pretty cheap also,BUT DON"T USE ANYTHING BUT AN ELECTRIC STOVE since the fumes when cooking will blow if you use gas or propane

rwise

Captain

Ok no gas oven, and I was thinking how easy it would be to do propane in the yard :eek: Still sound like I could save a bunch on blacking out some things on me Harley:cool: I find several on ebay for around 100 (with shippin and all!

Thanx!!!!

dolluper

Captain

HUMMM LIKe I said stay away from GAS OR PROPANE,like to keep you around YEA know THe fumes are easly flamable ask my BIL he found out useing propane had no hair ,eye brows or cookie duster for awhile[me thought it looked good on him,the expression on his face was priceless} and this was after I warned the FOOL

rwise

Captain

LOL, but he probably did not think it so funny :D I have 220 also, a bit shocking but not as flammable :p And I have had the hair burned of my face before (long story):rolleyes: Things like this is why I post here, we have to have a place or 2 that we can get the real answers!:cool:

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

What are the advanteges to powder coating over spraying? Place my bro. works at sent some work out to be powder coated and he could'nt see any differance to the finish and he says the paint in falling off already. Maybe wasn't properly done.

I was doing a job in a place where they powder coat and talked to the owner about the process. After talking to him he finally said the magic words-EPA. You don't have to have all the special ventalation equipment required for spray required by the EPA.

dolluper

Captain

Preparation and cooking time are very important,different metals use different cooking times and heat settings