Need Information

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a V-Bow boat and a 5hp gamefisher motor. The motor has a plastic prop is there any were I can find a aluminium prop for this boat. Please list all of the pros and cons about this boat and motor. I live near a small river and state lakes that I think this boat would be good for.

Attachments

• boat.JPG
    boat.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 0

Drowned Rat

Captain
Re: Need Information

Enter the engine's chassis number here, www3.sears.com If an aluminum prop is available, they will have it.

Looks like a well taken care of setup, enjoy.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

I would keep a check on Ebay or do a google search to see what you can find. I actually found one on ebay but it was for a eska 9.9HP to 15HP if I'm not mistaken. I was reading a thread that contained that sears may carry parts for them motors still I don't know how true this is or what directioin to point you in.

"http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROPELLER-ESKA-9-9-15-HP-BLADES-ONLY-ES46091_W0QQitemZ110164821546QQihZ001QQcategoryZ26456QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem"

Bump for more input. Nice boat by the way. These guys may be able to help. Good luck.

P.S. Sorry Drowned Rat we must of crossed one another on the posting lol, I was trying to search for the prop for nickcunn for a little bit now no luck. Try what Drowned Rat said Nick, but you could also keep an eye out on Ebay.

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The sears website only shows prop that they say is ome and its $96.
There site says the dimensions are 7 1/4"x 6 1/2"x 3"

Model # 225.587505
Serial # 48-820110A20

Anyone know of a prop that might fit these dimension.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Nick, change the 5 at the end of your chassis number to a 6 and look at the parts list for the lower unit. It appears that the Nylon prop was standard on your motor, but aluminum ones are available. Nylon is number 23 and there are 4 different aluminum choices numbers 23A, B, C, or D.

nickcunn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for your help. They are unavable at this time. But I still have time. Im just trying to get the boat ready for next season.

shipyarder

Recruit

I have the same outboard which I bought this spring and to be honest with you, I'm ready to throw it. I took it out the first time and it kept stalling mid throttle. I rebuilt the carb and that solved the stalling problem, but it overheated. I just removed the lower unit and the impeller looks okay. I put it back together and noticed the prop was a 8 x 8 1/4 R.H. which is for a 15 hp. If you want to sell your nylon prop, let me know because if I sell the motor, at least the prop will be the correct one. I also bought a CD from eskaman on ebay for my motor and it shows 5 props for different applications. The aluminum prop you'd want is a 2 blade 7" dia x 6 1/4 pitch aluminum part no. P-487 or a 3 blade 7 1/4 dia x 5 1/2 pitch aluminum part no. P-488. Hope this helps.

Shipyarder