overheat indicator on 2007 yamaha 90TLR

RobG

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Bluewave CC 190 classic with a 90TLR yamaha 2-cycle. I noticed that by putting the key in the on (not start) position the overheat indicator was blinking the bottom right corner. It has the yamaha digital multi function tach. I proceeded to take it out on the water since I noticed the hour meter was still at zero and started the normal break in of the motor. The light flashed the whole time (no audible alarm) but the motor never got hot and the pee stream was nice and strong. The water temp was around 62 degrees and after about 30-40 minutes I placed the boat in neutral and checked the pee stream, it was barely warm. Continued on for another 30-40 minutes, still flashing.

After I got home and a few hours of cool down I hopped back in the boat and just put the key in on. After the initial led test the overheat indicator was still flashing with a cold engine. Any suggestions? I hate to drive 60 miles to the dealer but would rather do that than burn up a new motor. Also has anyone seen an after market manual for these. The ones I seen only go up to 2005 on the yamaha 90s.

Thanks!

Rob

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: overheat indicator on 2007 yamaha 90TLR

on the back of the tach look for a rubber plug. remove it. set the dip switches correctly.sw1on,sw2off,sw3off. they come from yamaha set on,off,on and most riggers cant remember it.
the alarms are different for 2 and 4 stroke and the digital tach comes preset for 4 stroke.

RobG

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Rodbolt,

Thank you very much! I thought for sure that it was a faulty sensor. The boat is offered with a 4 cycle motor also. It took me a few minutes to get up under the console to remove the gauge but was able to do so and insert the key, no flashing light!

Thanks again!

Rob

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

glad it worked,your visual for your oil indicate will now work correctly also.
so much for serialized PDI sheets signed off by the the tech,the dealer rep AND the customer.PDI= Pre Delivery Inspection. your supposed to sign it last and it becomes part of the legal contract between you,Yamaha and the dealership.

RobG

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for those replies. Rodbolt you are correct about the PDI sheet. We spent about an hour and a half at the dealer, which I have to admit they were real thorough with the checklist, but I guess since we weren't out on the water at the time, I wouldn't off noticed the gauge doing that. The three bar indicator did turn on also showing the current level of oil. Should be ready to go out after Thanksgiving.

Thanks again

Rob