floor stringers and transom replacement

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer
i sure as hell hope taking everything apart is the hardest part. it was comming easy till i got to **** that wasn't rotten but still needs to come out. to anyone that has done it before what is the hardest part?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: floor stringers and transom replacement

what are you working on and where are you having problems. Chain saw.

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer

well atleast i feel like iv made some progress today, removed the motor splashwell and everything attached to the transom and ripped the fiberglass off most the back side of the transom to see what im dealing with and im glad to see im not doing all this work for nothing, looks like alot of rot is caused from improperly sealed engin bolts there was just regular household silicone around them and then from the bottom engin bolts down is solid rot i have not yet removed the floor. i decided to devert my atention away from removing the bunk seats for now seems how i wasent getting very far without breaking out the extention cords and power tools plus i need to load up my truck with all the **** im ripping out of there and make a run to the dump to give me some more room to move around in my garage. i will take some pics as soon as my camera batterys finnish charging

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer

SUNP0052.jpg

btw how do you get rid of this itch from the fiberglass

Robj

Lieutenant

I used disposable coveralls, take a cold shower afterwards, wash off all the dust and them you can increase the water temperature. The idea is that the cold water does not open up your pores like hot water does. Also make sure you are using a mask.

Have a great day,

Rob.