To sell or not to sell

dubnvento

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well, I need to get you thoughts on this. I have a 1965 Larson 14ft Runabout with a 28 HP SPL Evinrude that runs like a champ. I will try and attach a pic. I love to fish and that is what I use my boat for more than 90%of the time. I find it frustrating that I can't go out on my local rivers that are have shallow spots because my boat would get high centered. I would love to get a flat bottom boat with a jet for these types of rivers and the wife won't let me have two boats. My question to you is, would you sell the boat I have currently for an aliumnum flat bottom jet sled or keep what I have and make it work for me. The down fall is that I would have to put out an additional $2500-$3500 to get the type of sled I want and the only thing my boat currently needs is a new floor when I get around to it. Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• Picture 068.jpg
    Picture 068.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: To sell or not to sell

man that thing you have is so unsafe, i'll come get it to ad to my boat graveyard. won't charge you a thing to dispose of it for you.
LOL<LOL<LOL
that is one vintage boat, put a floor in it. tell the wife it is an antique, and keep it as an investment. you are not going to get what the boat is worth, selling it. i have a '56 duracraft.

JB

Save your bux, put a new DECK in the Larson and get a better depth finder to warn you of shallows.

That's my opinion and I am sticking to it. :)

oops!

Supreme Mariner

the pros that have allready spoken have more good ideas than i....
however
if the floor is rotten..... then the more you dig, the deeper ka ka you might get into.
just somthing else to confuse you!

P.S i love my old beater boat and im going to re do everything. from floor, stringers, foam to changing the seating arrangements. i could run out and buy a brand new boat with all the trimmings. but im not going to. im takin the hard way!
good luck!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That's a cool old boat but they are really made for cruising around. I have a small closed bow boat as well and I know they are the pits for fishing. I would recommend you get something more suited to what you want to do on the water. Maybe you could find a good deal on a jon with no motor or a dead motor and put your 28 on it.

Hoss

Cadet

Do what i did and just go buy the second boat. If a woman divorces you because of 2 boats she didn't really love you.:D

Andy in NY

Commander

Do what i did and just go buy the second boat. If a woman divorces you because of 2 boats she didn't really love you.:D

WOW! That is so true! Thanks for the good laugh today.

tashasdaddy

i have 5 boats, 3 pwc's. she knows , the boats were here first, and will be later.

pduquette

Ensign

Ouch!! You guys are HARSH !!!
Give her the Larson - buy yourself the new rig!!!!:D

dubnvento

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going to keep the boat and do a couple of things to it. First would be to replace the deck and then build boxes for the seats which will give me extra storage. Then a new anchor roller for the front and a new fishfinder. All this I think is cheaper than buying a new or additional boat. I need all the money I can get with a baby on the way.