Carb VS fuel injection

AGENT 37

Petty Officer 1st Class
What are general thoughts about injected four stroke motors vs carb'd. I don't like hearing about injectors malfunctioning, it's an expensive and involved process to rectify. The carbs don't seem as picky and I have no problem disassembling and cleaning them if there is a problem. If I'm going to get a replacement motor and be operating in a remote location without access to facilities and replacement parts would be able to put more faith into keeping a carb'd motor running. I know that the fuel injected motors are somewhat more efficient but it seems that the carb'd motors are a little easier to work on. I'm set up to have good fuel before it runs through the motor with an inline particulate filter and tractor style water separator and use fuel stabilizer.

tommays

Admiral
Re: Carb VS fuel injection

Well it really comes down to how long they will be allowed to sell carbs ;) which will not be much longer :confused: 2 years or so

California allways forces the new stuff first as inboards are headed to catalytic converters

One has to wonder how far behing outboards will be :eek:

Tommays

BruceAML

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Carb VS fuel injection

In your specific case I would say go with carbs. Having said that, I would probably also go with a 2 stroke like the new E-TEC, Very low maintenance, fuel injection and 2 stroke.