What year is this thing

XJMikey

Cadet
I purchased a small 12' boat recently. I am just trying to find out what year the outboard is so that I can get a factory service manual. It is a Chrysler Sea King 7.5

Model#: VWB 52179B
Serial#: 18X 21409

I have heard from someone that if you reverse the first two numbers of the serial number, that will give you the year. Is this correct? That would make this an '81 right?

This is my first boat. It is all new to me. :eek:

IMG_2302.jpg

Last edited:

eurolarva

Rear Admiral
Re: What year is this thing

The motor is 1981. Clymer for chrysler would probably work or you can get a down loadable manual from Chryslercrew.

XJMikey

Cadet

I spent a good deal of time on the internet and found this link. It shows Sea King outboard motors year by model number. Just match your model number up and there you go.

http://discount-marine-parts.com/ob_sea_king.html

Hope this helps anyone out that wants to know.

XJMikey

Last edited:

mitchq

Cadet

I purchased a small 12' boat recently. I am just trying to find out what year the outboard is so that I can get a factory service manual. It is a Chrysler Sea King 7.5

Model#: VWB 52179B
Serial#: 18X 21409

I have heard from someone that if you reverse the first two numbers of the serial number, that will give you the year. Is this correct? That would make this an '81 right?

This is my first boat. It is all new to me. :eek:

IMG_2302.jpg

if you go to discount marine parst .com they have a list all you need is the model number thanks to some one here my vwb serial number lead me to find out mine was a 1973 model made by chyrsler for montgomery wards hope this helps you