water in block?

Shaun78

Petty Officer 1st Class
I ran engine up to temp. drained 3 blue drain plugs then put 6 gallons of pink antifreeze through the ears on the drive. I realized that I forgot to drain the right side lower block 1st. I ran the antifreeze and then I took out the plug that I forgot to drain and it was water that came out. no pink stuff. I let it drain completely. WIll I be OK. I know that some people dont even drain the block they just run the pink stuff through it. I could pull the thermostat and pour pink stuff down it I guess. What do u think?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: water in block?

You can't run a raw water cooled engine and expect it to work, every spring there are several broken blocks because people tried it.
You HAVE to drain all the drains, remove the hose on the engines circ pump (if it doesn't have a drain) and drain the manifolds, you don't saw what engine and drive you have, so there may be more to do. Hard to give specific info without knowing what you have.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Maybe, maybe not.....
Why don't you just drain it properly like the manual says?....:confused:

Shaun78

Petty Officer 1st Class

It a 1998 7.4L MPI engine w Bravo 3 drive. There is nothing draining for the block on that side now. No more water. pink antifreeze comes out of all 3 other drain plugs

2Smokinya

Seaman Apprentice

As long as every drain plug spills out pink stuff, you are all set.