putting bunk boards on a trailer

beerrun

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a Chrysler Valiant that I am restoring. The trailer that it came with just does not make any sense to me. It barely supports the boat. Being a tri-hull I am thinking it needs bunk boards. All it has now is some rollers up the middle and a couple at the back. My questions are how do I know how many to add, where exactly to put them and what is the best method? Any tips? suggestions? thanks. I will try to get better pics tomorrow.http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/projectTut,p,337,00.html

Attachments

• new boat.jpg
    new boat.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
  • back roller.jpg
    back roller.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: putting bunk boards on a trailer

break i the rain

003.jpg

002.jpg

001-1.jpg

beerrun

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks, that answered alot of my questions. As for laying boards flat or standing them on edge is there a general rule or does it depend on the boat/ trailer/ preference? Heres some more pics, they might show you a little more.Thanks.
Its kinda hard to tell anything from these pics but you can see cobwebs and the silver beer fridge at the other end of the boat really well.

Attachments

• bunk boards needed.jpg
    bunk boards needed.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
  • bunk boards needed2.jpg
    bunk boards needed2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 0
  • bunk boards needed3.jpg
    bunk boards needed3.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

tashasdaddy

here's pics of another trailer. with flat bunks, there is no set rules. the on edge brackets are much cheaper, than the flat with the swivel head, which i always tighten so the stay in place. nothing worse than a bunk turn wrong when trying to load. i use flat bunks, on this one as vertical would have made the boat too high on the trailer. this was and old deep V roller trailer. you can see from the back.

yes i like long bunks, easy adjusting tongue weight, and to swap boats to different trailers.

beerrun

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK, Thank you. I think I can get it figured out from there. I will update when theyre on. Thanks again.

pman7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Tasha, how many boats and trailers do you have?

tashasdaddy

at persent, 4 boats, 3 pwc. could go up or down tomorrow. 7 outboards. it called MBS multiple boat syndrone.