Honda Bf8akla Troubles

mark ss

Recruit
HONDA BF8AKLA starts with choke out and will run with choke partially out.. but will not run with choke all the way in. Have messed with the jet on top of carb (don't have a repair manual for correct setting) ... but does not help. I was not the last to use it (brother-in-law had it) Has new plugs....flushed fuel through the float... it was in storage a few years.
Any ideas?

lexi

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Honda Bf8akla Troubles

Clean your carb with canned carb cleaner. Remove carb and take out jets. Put the long straw supplied with the cleaner onto the nozzle and flush through every orifice on the carb. Make sure you remove all the jets including emulsion tube which should be cleaned until the multi-holed tube is clear. Remove float assembly and check movement and setting of float and needle. Spray the cleaner in there as well. Blow through with an airline if you have it

Use new fuel and adjust pilot screw 2 1/2 turns out?....I think.

Alex

mark ss

Recruit

Thanks for the info. I called the local dealer and they wanted 250.00 min. to do this...... I will do as you suggest and let you know..

PS ...FYI
I purchased some new gas hose (from tank to the motor) from a local hardware store who does machinery work and they sold me a GATES LOL PLUS hose. It would deliver brown gas after sitting over night. I called GATES and they said LOL hose is not for gas and it would be eaten up by the gas. >>>>>>>>replacing that too.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

carbs are junked up now so is fuel filters and pump
you need to rebuild and clean the whole fuel system

buy oem fuel limes only

mark ss

Recruit

Cleaned out fuel tank, got new gas, changed gas hose, flushed out old fuel even through the pump, took carb apart and cleaned all fuel passages with a can of carb cleaner as reccommended, pulled plugs flushed out cylinders, changed fuel filter.
TADA......it started right up and idled ......ran it for an hour....... still not as smooth as my 6 hp yamaha 2 stroke..but happy I think....

Thanks for your input. The carb removal, cleaning and reinstalling went very well and was relatively simple.....didnt even need a new gasket or anything.....was very little stuff in carb so must have been small....

Went to the hardware store that sold me the wrong hose and they said they have been selling it as gas hose for some time ....their GATES supplier said was same as the hose with "use for gas" on the outside....not so! ...they refunded me ....