just for ****s and giggles

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer
i have an 14ft alum boat with an 25hp merc, do you think it could pull a skier. its got a hole shot from hell go from idle to full throttle it will pull up on a plane almost as fast as you can blink. one time a passanger sitting backwards in one of the forward seats almost ended up on the floor doing this. but i immagin a skier adds alot of drag

SandMan*

Seaman
Re: just for ****s and giggles

You need to pull a skier up slowly, if you just launch they will never be able to hold the tow rope.

get a tube, it'll pull that no problem

EricR

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think it will do just fine, I pulled a skier up (slowly, but it did it!) with an 18 horse on on light 12 and a half foot hull.

sangerwaker

Commander

You'll have no problems with lighter skiers.

We used to trick ski behind a 12' alum duck boat with a 9.9 when I was growing up.

MikDee

Banned

When I was a kid, we used to water ski off a light 14' plywood boat, and an 18hp Johnson regularly, as long as your skier is under about 200lbs I'd say your fine.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

with the hole shot u described you should be fine. a heavyer person on the end of the rope might be a problem esp if they are new to skiing.
if you have any problems just go to a lower pitch prop!
knee boarding is also a gas! and easy on small motors.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

sounds exactly like our first boat, and yes we all learned to ski behind it. We were kids, though.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Using two skis, no problem. Slalom ski--Expert skier--Maybe, novice no.

Ezrider_92356

Chief Petty Officer

when i posted this i figured everyone would say that the drag of a skier would just dog my boat out and it wouldn't work. seems like everyone always talks about needing big hp to ski. its getting way to cold to be trying water sports out for this year. maby next spring i will have to give it a try. maby by then ill have my 35hp jhonson rebuilt then i should realy not have any problems

duckhunter55

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sorry to jump in on your post, but i have a 14ft. aluminum boat with a 25hp johnson, it will fly too, but i was concerned with where to hook the rope to the boat at. The transom is solid, but that seems like alot of stress on a 15yr old 14ft. boats transom.