Best boat mags for boats you can trailer are?????

bamafutbal

Petty Officer 1st Class
i only found 2, go boating and trailer boats. any others out their for trailerable boats? i found both october issues about equal, my grade would be a solid "B" for both of them, wish they would be a little more critical though

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Best boat mags for boats you can trailer are?????

None of them are very critical. Another that I like is BoatingLife.

Kelly

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Subscribe to Trailer Boats...

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

I subscribed to Trailer Boats for a couple of years when they first came out. They then had meaningful articles and evaluations. As time went on the quality and quantity of the good stuuf was replaced by meaningless advertising pablum.
It is pretty tough for any magazine to slam a lousy product in an evaluation when they depend on the same companies for advertising. That is one of the reasons this forum is well received.

QC

Supreme Mariner

None of them are very critical.
This is why I applaud US Marine for getting us, unbiased like guys, involved with critiquing their products . . .

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

Lost me ... who is US Marine?

QC

Supreme Mariner

I assumed you saw this thread . . .

jspringator

Chief Petty Officer

When I discovered Internet forums I stopped taking my boating and camping magazines. They all try to sell you new stuff.

bucky7680

Petty Officer 1st Class

I get Go-Boating for free. I think it is sponsored by some kind of boating industry group. It's OK for a free mag. I think that the truth lies some where between the magazines and forums like this one. Each must be taken with a grain of salt.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Actually, I used to get a mess of M/C mags, and the boat mags. Down to Cycle World, Rider..(quit all the wannabe HD stuff, and been on them for 47 years), and any free (GB) mag. Its all turned into ADVERTISING, and the same one sided retoric..(which ya find here, only its BOTH sides!). Learn more here in a day that ANY monthly ('cept the girls in bikini's in the ad's are missed!...but I steal all the boat mags from the doctor's office now anyway..gotta get even.. .:D)

orion25

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you just want a mag that reviews boats but also provides good tips on trailer boats and tow vehicles then subscribe to trailer boats. If you just want general boat tips then subscribe to boating life, trailer boats or any other boat magazine out there.

If you are looking for solid, unbiased reviews of boats then take to the web. All of the magazines that I have seen give glowing reviews to every boat that they test. I think it was Trailer Boats that basically said a Tahoe was the best you could get a month or so ago. The mags only get a limited number of hours with a boat. Search for your target boat on this site and others to get a true idea of what others have experienced. A search like I have mentioned was what kept me from buying a Tahoe.................

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i like QC, was a tester for US. Marine, the 205 Bayliner, this year. there were 9 of us, myself, and 8 writers, 3 boats.

those magazine writers did there best to tear those boats up. i have never of never seen boats abuse like that before. they crawl and look in every nook and cranny. then beat the heck out of them in the water.