Yamaha trim gauge?

Pursuit2550

Seaman
I have twin 94 150 Yamaha with Yamaha gauges. The only thing that is not working on the gauges is the trim indicator. I read in other posts that it also has to do with the oil pump operation. I am new to Yamaha outboards. I will be ordering a manual to get familliar with these engine but mean while any help will be great. Also whats a good manual, OEM or aftermarket.

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Yamaha trim gauge?

The Factory manual is normally more accurate and better detailed. there have been a number of posts on trouble shooting the trim indicator. A visual inspection of the sending unit while the motor is trimmed up is the first place to start.

TonyNoriega

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Yamaha trim gauge?

I researched this when my trim indicator wasn't working (mine's a 2001 200hpdi Yamaha). It turns out that there's a mechanism on the tube just above the tilt/trim assembly that contains a sending unit and a tab and it's common for the tab to break......when that happens the sending unit doesn't get a signal. The repair was relatively simple and the part was around 3 bucks on line.

I bought my Yamaha manual on a cd and it's ok but I still want to get the printed version because I can physically take it outside to the motor when I'm identifying components. Tough to do when my desktop is so far away.