Anybody tried the Connelly Triple X towable?

figment

Recruit
I?m looking to get a new towable and the Connelly Triple X looks interesting. I?m looking for a towable that the teenagers can get thrills on and be used less aggressive if desired.

The video of it on the Connelly web site looks like a lot of fun, but I have not been able to find any feedback on it so far. Anybody have one or ridden one?
Thanks,
Jerry

brazosboater

Cadet
Re: Anybody tried the Connelly Triple X towable?

Never heard of the connelly, but I have the super mable 3 person tube and it is great. It is really a couch that sits up out of the water and can be towed from either direction. Even when at rest in the water it is up out of the water, so it is very good for lounging on. It can fit 3 LARGE adults, and since it already sits out of the water it is really easy to get the boat on plane. I have a 20 year old 4 cylinder, and it is all the power I need to pull it. I boat on a river, so I can't exactly whip it like a one person traditional tube, but I have a long rope on it. If someone wants to REALLY have a tough time staying on the raft, we just shorten the rope a little and away they go. I highly recommend this tube, also it would be better if I had a rechargeable air pump, and a place to store this huge thing for when we are not using it, because it is big we are limited to what we can do when we have it with us. But maybe you have a bigger boat and this is no problem, I'm only a 16 footer right now. hope all this helped.