Sylvan Boats

air0msw@yahoo.com

Seaman Apprentice
Anyone know anything about the quality of these boats? Looking at a 2000 Sylvan V196 sport. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sylvan Boats

Sylvan has been around for years and is a popular boat here in the midwest. It's certainly not at the top of the chart when compared with Lund, Crestliner, Alumacraft etc., but it is a sound boat and will if taken care of the previous owner will serve you well. I would be more concerned about the engine condition than worrying about the quality of the boat.

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

I have a smaller sylvan, only 16' but I will tell you its a wet ride compared to some other boats Ive been in.....Lots of bow spray.

All in all a good boat...I used mine for fishing and duck hunting...But since my new boat its knocked down to only hunting.

air0msw@yahoo.com

Seaman Apprentice

My friend is looking at it. It is a 19' bowrider with a 4.3 mercruiser. I just didn't know anything about the manufacturer. The motor and outdrive is not a problem as far as checking it out. I just didn't want him to bother driving to look at if it was like say bayliner in the 80's.