Renken boat Help

avery52507

Recruit
I'am hoping someone can answer this question for me. I have an 1985 Renken bowrider with a 3.0 litre engine and a stringer outdrive (I assume) that I just purchased not in the best of shape, project boat basically. My question is what years of this boat make and model boat are the basics interchangable seats,cushions,electronic components.....etc. I've been a GM mechnic for years and most cars in there line such as the cavalier have parts that are interchangable from year to year such as the seats and basic things like that. Are the years 83-85 the same or 84-86 etc any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm going to be buying lots of parts soon and am hoping the parts are interchangable from year to year. Thanks guys

TilliamWe

Banned
Re: Renken boat Help

For seats and stuff, just order new ones out of a catalog like Overton's. No reason to try to buy old seats to replace old seats. They'll all be junk anyway.
I can tell you that we had a 1983 Renken 19' bowrider, and that in 1988, the top deck of it got placed onto a brand new 1988 19' bowrider hull. So the basic boat didn't change from at least 1983 to 1988.