Simple Question on Mariner

SuperNova

Lieutenant
I would like to get a service manual for my Mariner 150, but I am not entirely sure what year it is. I thought it was a '93, now I am not so sure. It may be mid to late 80's. I don't have the serial number with me right now, but if you can tell me how to decipher it, I would appreciate it greatly. If you need to see the serial number let me know and I'll try to get it later today or tomorrow. Thanks in advance for your time.
--
Stan

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Simple Question on Mariner

Stan, I will assule your motor is a V6. If it is an inline, it cannot be newer than '77. The 150HP changed some things in the late 80s, but the 1979-1988 should be pretty much the same. it still makes sense to get the exact manual for your motor and that means matching the serial number up at www.maxrules.com, to fing the year.

BTW - if you have the clamshell cowling it is early 80's

SuperNova

Lieutenant

It's a V-6, but I don't know what size the engine is in Litres. Somebody told me it could be a couple of different size blocks. I also don't know what you mean by "clamshell" cowl. To take the cowl off you just pop three handles and the whole cowl lifts off. It has oil injection. There is a big oil tank mounted in the boat and a smaller oil tank mounted above the carbs and in front of the flywheel and they are connected by a dual hose set up.

MercFan

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you can't find a serial number on the block, some pictures will help a lot. With and without the cowls. Take close-up pictures of critical components like the fuel pumps, carbs, distributor, ignition etc.

SuperNova

Lieutenant

serial number off the engine bracket was: cc20993 or cc210993. I couldn't find any other i.d. numbers anywhere else on the whole thing, except the V150 on the flywheel cover and a part that looked like it a 1989 date code, I think it was a part of the wire harness.
--
Stan

j_martin

Admiral

I'm guessing your illegible serial number is 0C218993 Model 1150412GD

1989 2.0 liter if I'm correct. Still don't know HP.

Look on the top of the block, aft the flywheel, on a core plug, and the serial number should also be there.

hope it helps
John

SuperNova

Lieutenant

OC220993 and on top of the flywheel housing it says V150. Thanks for all your help so far! I really appreciate it.
--
Stan

SuperNova

Lieutenant

Any more help would be appreciated.
--
Stan